Mechanical Design Engineer Draftsperson
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer for the development of project and customer specific modular steel and pipe support solutions. Our customer base includes engineering, procurement and installation contractors involved with projects in the Oil & Gas, mining, chemical, power generation and building services industries. The role involves preparing detailed drawings and plans of mechanical engineering work, including the conceptual and detailed designs of modular secondary steel structures to support mechanical and electrical services, as well as the selection of pipe supports, based on Sikla’s modular product systems siFramo, Simotec and Siconnect.
The job is office based for the execution of CAD and structural design works but also field based when working as a guest engineer at our clients’ project offices.
· Preparing drawings, plans and designs for mechanical engineering work under the direction of Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
· Assisting Senior Mechanical Design Engineer in the design of mechanical piping equipment and modular steel solutions
· Estimating material costs and quantities, and requirements
· Collecting and analysing data, carrying out complex computations and preparing diagrams
· Ensuring that designs and finished work are within specifications, regulations and contract provisions as per customer requirements
There is also a project management element in this role which regularly requires construction site visits to discuss and survey project and customer requirements.
What's on offer?
- · The opportunity to be fully involved in interesting and multi-discipline projects
- · A competitive remuneration will be offered, based on skills and experience within the range $60,000 – $70,000
- · Full time position based in Perth
Skills & Qualifications
Successful candidates will typically possess:
- · 3D CAD proficiency, in particular AutoDesk and Aveva PDMS/E3D
- · Solid piping or pipe support experience
- · Experience with structural software, preferably Dlubal RSTAB
- · Minimum 5 years experience in similar role
- · Professional communications skills
· Ability to work under pressure
- · Excellent customer relationship skills
- · An enthusiastic, flexible and keen attitude is a must
Please include an application specific letter of introduction with your application. Your letter of introduction will be a key factor in support of your application. Please submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will only contact candidates with relevant skills and background for the role. Only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES.